Thursday, June 19, 2008

To give vent now and then to his feelings, whether of pleasure or discontent, is a great ease to a man's heart. ~Francesco Guicciardini

Well, that's good news.

So, not gonna lie, I've been hurting a little bit lately.

But it seems as if there's a lot more going on than my hurt (imagine that). As a matter of fact, there's a lot more people hurting a lot worse than me, some of whom don't have the hope that I have. Unfortunately, I'm so wrapped up in my own pain that I don't pay attention to anyone else's.

I try to pray for my friends, I try to pray for people that I know are hurting right now. It seems as though the only thing I can ever say is, "God, I don't know what to do."

God, I can't help them.
God, I'm not sure how to be there for them.
God, I can't fix this.

God, my name is Breanne. Clearly I am in control of the universe, thus will be the sole solver of all my friends' problems.
That's real intercession, right there, ladies and gentleman.

Well, maybe I should try, "God, teach me to love you and understand your love so that it overflows from me to other people." Or, "God, I trust your sovereignty and your providence in this situation." I really am glad I'm not in control.

In other news, of awesome things I've done recently...I made a semi-life-sized effigy of my boss out of trash bags and shredded paper in his absence this week. It's sitting in his chair in his office, awaiting his return. So cool.

Aaaaaaaaand it's swing dancing night. oh baby.

1 comment:

SEM said...

You can't be in control of the universe, Breanne, because I'm pretty sure God delegated that job to me. ;)