Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"It's the friends you can call up at 4am that matter." -Marlene Dietrich

Yes. Yes, that's true.

About a year ago, I was frequenting those 4am conversations with friends that matter, friends that thought I mattered. When I feel relationally insecure, as I often do - even and especially with my closest friends - I remind myself of times like that when they put up with me, far beyond what I deserve. Friends do that, sometimes.

In a month and a half, there will be 3,000 miles+ between the people that I've grown with over the past year. I think the current insecurities I feel will be of minimal importance then, and what will matter is how I handled them now and what I learned for later. Not that I'm an adequate manager of my present emotions or my pool of collected knowledge. You learn as you go, I suppose.

In other news, welcome to my new blog. I'm a verbal processor who rather likes to write. That is your disclaimer :)

No comments: