Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Do do dee do do...Goodnight sweetheart, it's time to go..."-that song Caitlyn always sings

I think it's fair to say that there will potentially be a lot of blogs over the next few weeks? I need some way to process through stuff.

Things keep happening that make me realize -oh, that's probably the last time I'll see that person for a while. Today, I said goodbye to a friend of mine who's moving to Pennsylvania. In a couple weeks I'll hang out with my brothers for the last time till Christmas. In a month I'll say goodbye to one of my closest friends for nine months - nine months, and I can probably count on one hand the number of days I haven't talked to her in the past year. It makes me nervous. Uncomfortable. But who says life is supposed to be comfortable?

I get nervous, too, when I think of everything that has to be done before the move, and everything that will happen after the move. Then, I kind of get this wave of panic when I think that I won't get to spend time with the people that I really want to spend time with for this last little bit. Life is still pumping for all of us, and we're busy as ever. We can't just stop it because we're all separating. All I can do is trust a sovereign God that my last month will unfold the way he would have it.

"...I hate to leave you but I really must say goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight."


No comments: