Friday, June 20, 2008

"Nobody ever died of laughter." -Max Beerbohm

Pretty sure I almost did once. You know, when you laugh so hard you're physically unable to take a breath...It's the best. And I love waking up laughing. I think it's one of my favorite things ever.

Last summer, a group (or should I say the group) of us took a trip to Greenville to dance. We were always taking random trips like that, two or three times a week. We stayed the night in Greenville, and apparently I was the last one still sleeping in the morning. As I lay there, minding my own sleepy business, the whole bed jolted. My eyes popped open to the bombardment of three wide-eyed faces rather close to mine. Instantaneous laughter. That's when I decided I love waking up laughing, mostly because it reminds me of them.

I love being with people. A lot. I love conversations. Had a few good ones going around last night. Missed out on a little dancing because of it. I find, however, that I can dance with people I don't know very well for the rest of my life, and probably will. All said and done, I don't mind missing a few dances to be with people I won't be with much longer. (Or, I don't mind taking a few dances with people I won't be with much longer.)

I'm sorry I'm taking this transition of leaving for California so hard. I know, of all of us that are separating, I will take it the hardest. Change is not my forte. I was told to focus on the gain and not the loss. If I don't, I'll miss out on a lot, I think.

In other news, God hears us. That thrills me to the bone, because I used to doubt that he did. He hears and answers amidst our stubborn hearts, leads and provides on his perfect timing. I can trust him. Because of who he is, he deserves to be glorified. In my unworthiness, I humbly rejoice in answered prayer this morning, and am encouraged. :)
"And they will sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord." Ps. 138:5

No comments: