Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Feet may touch the ground but my mind's somewhere north of here." -Caedmon's Call

The longer I live and the more inescapable problems that I find in myself and the world, the more excited I am in the hope of Heaven. That, my friends, is going to be a great thing. Yay for the doctrine of glorification.

It's an answered prayer that I even feel this way. I remember in high school, older people would talk about Heaven or I would hear songs about how great eternity with God will be. But I never got it. I couldn't get excited about it, I couldn't understand what a good thing it was going to be, my eternity as a Christian. So I prayed, "God, I want to be excited about Heaven. Please show me that it's something wonderful to look forward to." And he did. It's so cool that God doesn't forget our prayers, and they are answered in his timing.
"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 3:20

A month left until our much anticipated departure. Get excited, people. Breanne is moving to California.

No comments: