Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I am very ready to go to California. Logistically ready, no. Tons of packing, money issues, book apprehension, ect...Otherwise - just put me on a plane.

But every once in a while, it still hits me hard. It still makes it hard to sleep, sometimes, whether or not I attribute my inability to lie down to the anticipated change. Such is life, however, and I really am looking forward to it. I'm just going to miss out on so much here. I'm not going to be able to be a part of people's lives as I have for the past year. I do not belong to this group anymore, at least not in an every day sense. That takes some getting used to. It's lame though, because my transition still doesn't seem half as bad as most.

I had a scare, though, about going. Some financial things weren't working out at the end of last week, and it almost looked as if I wouldn't be able to go to LA next semester. The thought of staying scared me more than the thought of leaving.

In short, I'm still going to LA. Two weeks from this moment, I will be in California. And I will love it.

No comments: