Monday, July 6, 2009

at the end of the day.

I worked this morning, then spent the afternoon trying to track down my friend who was in jail all weekend. He spent three days trying to find a bondsman to post $2,000 in bail money for a first offense DUI...Something is not right with those figures...At any rate, after I spent the afternoon on the hunt, I got a phone call at around four. He'd gotten out needed a ride to go get his impounded vehicle. Never have I ever picked up a friend from jail. I could go into detail about how I have several other friends back in NC who could have been in the same position at any point in time of our close friendship, or how I never went looking for a friend of mine when he went missing and have yet to see him after several years...but I'll spare you.

Somewhere between working and picking up my friend from the Sheriff's Department, I found out my parents were coming to town. They had been trying to visit for a while, and today was the day! It's been weird to have then come see what my life is like. Good weird, but weird. It's made me realize how good I have it. They came to the lindy bomb tonight, and my dad danced with me. It was perfect. Never have I ever danced with my blood father in public.

At the dance, however, there were two very distinct things that set things on edge. One was that my friend who is semi-interested in me was there. My attention was dispersed between so many things that I didn't get to talk with him or really even speak with him, and he's not really a dancer so I didn't get to interact with him much at all. I'm afraid he thinks I'm blowing him off, which is not my intention. The second was that something was wrong with my good friend. An avid dancer, the boy basically played down-low and sat in the corner all night. When that happens, I always kick myself because there was probably something more I could have done in the situation to help something. Plus, I made a not-so-smart comment about something-or-other that, if overheard, was probably not an intelligent statement in light of his crappy mood. It drives me nuts to never know if the things I can and can't do for someone when they're down are good enough. Especially for him, I feel like I always end up doing something wrong when he gets like that. But I'm pretty sure that's in my head. So basically, I had two people that I really care about sitting on the sidelines at the dance event.

Oh, life. You are so interesting.

I'm too tired to write any more. :-p kbye.

No comments: